The Editorial Board of Zaria Journal of Educational Studies (ZAJES) invites papers from interested stakeholders in education for publication in the journal. The paper may focus on analytical research, research reports, replicated research, research notes, descriptive research, book reviews, etc from any of the following areas in Education:
- Adult and Non-formal Education
- Citizenship Education
- Computer Information and Communication Technology (ICT)Education
- Continuing/Distance Education
- Creative Arts Education
- Curriculum Planning and Development
- Educational Management/Administration, Planning and Supervision
- Health and Physical Education
- Language and Literature Education
- Measurement and Evaluation
- Library and Information Management
- Nomadic and Disadvantaged Peoples' Education
- Philosophy and Sociology of Education
- Family Life Education
- Pre-Primary, Primary, Secondary and Higher Education
- Psychology and Counselling
- Religious and Moral Education
- Science, Technology and Mathematics Education
- Social Science Education
- Special and Rehabilitative Education
- Vocational and Technical Education
- Which must be written in English or any other acceptable language, should be scholarly original and contribute to knowledge;
- Must not have been published or under consideration for publication in any other journal. Once a paper is accepted for publication in ZAJES, the author(s) cede copyright to the publisher of the journal;
- should clearly state on its front cover page, the title of the paper, author’s name(s), his/her status/rank, and institutional affiliation. The next page should also begin with the title of the paper (but no name of the author) and followed by an abstract of not more than 150 words;
- should be computer typed on one side of the paper, using a font size of 12 double-spaced for the main work and single line spacing for the abstract should not exceed 12 pages of A4 paper including abstract, references appendices; and
- Tables, figures and diagrams, where applicable, should be simple, camera. ready and kept to the barest minimum to facilitate printing.
The current American Psychological Association (APA) style of citation at referencing is used in the Journal as follows:
- In the Text of the Paper
The author's name whose idea/statement is being cited should be stated and the year of publication of enclosed in brackets in front of the name. If the statement is paraphrased, it is not enclosed in inverted commas. E.g. It has been that argued (Adamu, 1980) that the effect of ……. Or Adamu (1980) argues the effect of …….. But if it is quoted verbatim, it must be enclosed in inverted commas and the year of publication is accompanied with the page number where the statement appeared. E.g.,Adamu (1980: 125) argues that the effect of“…….”,. Also, quotations exceeding three typed lines may be extracted, indented and typed single-spaced without quotation mark. shorter quotations should only be enclosed in inverted commas and integrated into sentence structure.
In the References
Fanfuwa, B.A. (1970). History of Education in Nigeria. London: George Allen and Unwin.
- Chapter in an Edited Book
Ehiozuwa, A.O. (1995). Towards Safe-Keeping of Student Appraisal Data in Guidance and Counselling. In Ehiametalor, E.T.(ed). Data Management in Schools and other issues. Benin City: NERA. Pp. 107-114.
Maccido, M.I. (1997). Recreational Activities in Federal College of Education, Zaria Academic Staff. Zaria Journal of Educational Studies. 2 (1) June, 166-172.
Main, T.C. (1984). Constraints on Educational Planning and Development in Nigeria. An unpublished M.Ed Thesis submitted to Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria.
Submission Of Manuscript/Correspondence:
- Three (3) hard copies of aticle, typed in MS Word, font size 12 (Times New Roman), is to be submitted along with: Three (3) self-addressed and stamped envelopes of appropriate sizes and rates.
- Submission of manuscript, editorial inquiries/correspondence should be addressed to:
Zaria Journal of Educational Studies,
Federal College of Education,
P M. B. 1041
- Receipts of all manuscripts will be acknowledged promptly. The decision of the Journal’s assessors to publish or not will be communicated without delay.
- Contributors are advised to adhere strictly to the above guidelines for presentations, since failure to submit manuscript in the correct style may result in referral or rejection.
- Authors whose articles are accepted will each receive a copy of the issue where their articles appeared.
Dr. A. P.A Matemilola