His Excellency, Mr. President Commander–in– Chief of Armed forces, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, approved the re – constitution and appointment of Chairmen and Members of the Governing Councils.
The Councils were inaugurated by the Honourable Minister of Education, Mal. Adamu Adamu on Thursday 25th May, 2017 at B.O. Ukeje Conference Hall, National Commission for Colleges of Education, Plot 829, RaphSodeinde Road, CBD, Abuja by 10.00am.
The Govering Council Team
- Name: Dr. Bello Yusuf Lafiagi
- Name: Alh. BalaWakili
- Name: Hon. Peter Ede
- Name: AshrielZabs
DR BELLO YUSUF LAFIAGI PROFILE
Dr. Bello Yusuf Lafiagi assumed duties as the Chairman of the NDLEA in October 2000; the general belief was that drug lords in Nigeria were in for a tough time. Lafiagi had the status of a veteran intelligence officer who has been everything in the Nigerian intelligence hemisphere. He had served as a policeman and a pioneer of the National Intelligence Agency and the State Security Service before he was enlisted in the drug war.
Other Members of Each of The Council:
- Representative of Federal Ministry of Education
- Representative of National Commission for Colleges of Education
- A representative of the Alumni Association of the College
- A representative of the affiliated University (incase of degree awarding Colleges)
Two (2) representatives of the College Academic Board
- Dr. Y.S. Dantani
- Mrs. H.S. Bamalli
- A representative of the Nigerian Society of Engineers (In case of Technical Colleges)
The Provost of the College of Education
- Dr. A. A Ladan (Provost)